The Bullseye: May 21, 2010
Katy Perry, Bret Michaels, and Kelly Clarkson made pop culture news this week
· Katy Perry, California girls are unforgettable. So is your great song.
· Betty White on SNL: ”If there’s one thing I’m known for, it’s my muffin.”
· Kelly Clarkson, we know you hate it when someone leaks your music, but we can’t say we mind — especially when the song is as good as ”Naked Eyes.”
· How can we not watch this TV special: Paralyzed and Pregnant: 4 Years Later.
· Bret Michaels proves he’s an expert photographer and rocker on The Celebrity Apprentice. Is it time we let him try his hand at the economy?
· The rash of celebrities who are going to reveal secret babies now that Sandra Bullock has (yes, you, Hilarie Burton). It’s not a secret if we don’t care.
· To all the celebrities renewing their vows, like Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott: We object!
· Dean Cain and Brandon Routh play basketball: Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, and able to perform a layup in a single bound.
· A Harry Potter star reportedly to wed a Twilight actor. In related news, the world no longer contains any 12-year-old girls because their heads exploded.
· Andy Rooney says he doesn’t know who Lady Gaga is. Lady Gaga says that while she has never met Rooney, she once went on a date with one of his eyebrows.
· Newsweek says that gay guys can’t play straight roles, in a pathetic attempt to get Anita Bryant to subscribe.
· Avril Lavigne and Brody Jenner tweet their love — and the Internet throws up a little in its mouth.
· Desperate Housewives cliff-hanger involves an ecoterrorist. And with that, the show has officially turned into PBS’ NewsHour With Jim Lehrer.
· Bobby Brown proposes to girlfriend from the stage, which begs the question: ”Who still goes to a Bobby Brown concert?”
· Gemma Arterton’s red carpet gown: Is there an open audition for Glinda the Good Witch we don’t know about?
· Iggy Pop has the worst face, according to a British poll. You guys sure? Have you met Heidi Montag?