Conan O'Brien doing first post-'Tonight Show' interview with '60 Minutes'
Image Credit: Noel Vasquez/Getty Images60 Minutes will air the first post-Tonight Show interview with Conan O’Brien this Sunday, the very day his contractual muzzle expires with NBC. According to The New York Times, correspondent Steve Kroft interviewed O’Brien last week for the news show, and though O’Brien is still restricted from ripping his previous employer or his rival Jay Leno, Kroft told the Times that “[O’Brien] flirts with the restrictions.” One interesting hurdle for 60 Minutes will be how to promote the episode, since O’Brien literally cannot appear on TV until Sunday. “I think we’ll just show me talking to him [in on-air promotions this week] and have to blank his face out,” says Kroft.
Cool! I love it. Blank out Conan’s face, like he’s some mob witness. Oooo, can they alter his voice and show him only in silhouette? His distinct hair would still give him away, but I’d love to hear him talking about Leno in some mechanically-disguised voice that makes him sound like Jigsaw from Saw.
How do you think Conan will play it? Will he settle scores in his own way or will he continue to be gracious about his departure and new gig on cable?