Tina Fey and Steve Carell interview each other: The things we learned
Date Night costars Tina Fey and Steve Carell sat down to interview one another for Cinemax’s “60 Seconds With…” series. Watch the results after the jump. Here’s what we learned:
• Carell once worked a night shift at what we assume was a convenience store, and a woman came in at around 4 a.m., tears streaming down her face, and bought a microwave burrito (insert a classic Fey/Liz Lemon face that says “understandable”). She asked him, “Am I pretty?” She’d just walked in on her boyfriend cheating and Carell had to console her. Were I ever to be cheated on, this is exactly the scenario I would dream up, only Carell would deliver. And bring Stephen Colbert.
• If Carell had lost a nipple during his 40 Year Old Virgin chest wax scene, Fey imagines it would look like button candy on the strip.
• Carell is not a gun man (shockingly), but he was a Civil War reenactor at one point in his life: “I was, but I played the fife,” he says. (Or, he could have just be referencing the film he’s producing for Ed Helms about three reenactors and a black history professor who get transported back to the actual Civil War.)
• Fey would rather be able to fly than live under water because taking flight is a better way to get out of awkward conversations.
• Fey believes Liz Lemon is the better boss because she’d just do your work for you, while Michael Scott is the better lover: “I imagine he would be generous to a disgusting fault… desperately generous. And Liz Lemon would be trying to get it over with.”
• Fey’s dream role is in a raw dramatic film about a stripper with a heart literally made of gold — “She’s part robot.” (Note: She could have both a British and a Southern accent.)
• Fey doesn’t have a driver’s license.
• Fey believes movies should be like a game of shirts and skins: The women wear shirts, the men do not.
Tina Fey, Alec Baldwin, and Tracy Morgan star in the Emmy-winning comedy. You want to go to there.