Scott Hamilton: The 5 programs I would have skated
Each day this week leading up to the opening of the Winter Olympics (Friday, 7:30 p.m. ET, NBC), PopWatch on Ice presents a Top 5 list from Scott Hamilton, the 1984 men’s figure skating gold medalist who heads to Vancouver to call his sixth Games. Today’s topic: The 5 programs he would have skated. Check out his list, then tell us the one program in the history of the sport you would have performed if, you know, you had the talent.
1. John Curry’s 1976 Olympic Gold Medal Long Program
[EW: Notice the nice white boards. No advertising!]
2. Brian Boitano’s 1988 Olympic Gold Medal Long Program
[EW: Watch Boitano and Orser relive the Battle of the Brians, doing commentary over their long programs in the clip below.]
3. David Jenkins’ 1960 Olympic Gold Medal Long Program
[EW: This is kinda one of the coolest clips ever.]
4. Peter and Kitty Carruthers’ 1984 Olympic Silver Long Program
[EW: Does it get any better than hearing Dick Button say “tango camel”?]
5. Anything Torvill and Dean ever did, anywhere.
[EW: Oh, let’s see… We’ll go with their 1984 Gold Medal Free Dance Program, “Bolero.”]
More from Scott Hamilton: