Enter the Fray: Taylor Swift, Chace Crawford, and one juicy 'American Idol' conspiracy theory
Let’s see how far we’ve come, shall we? The American Idol finale wasnearly one month ago exactly, and yet PopWatch is still ablaze withtalk of Adam Lambert and Kris Allen. The two talented dudes are provingto be PW evergreens — especially Glambert, whom fans are still going gaga over. Beyond that, a few other precious pop cultureoddities occupied our minds — and moved you — this week:
10. So, Jennifer Aniston is going to star in another romantic comedy. Thisone’s called Love Happens. And its romantic trailer dropped this week. Hmm…Aniston in a new rom-com? No way! She never does those.
9. Karen Valby watched the season finale of The Real Housewives of New Jersey and chose not to save the drama for her mama and kindly share it all with us instead.
8. PopWatchers had a strong case of Must lust this week, and were exceptionally vocal about their pop culture must-haves this week. Perhaps a shirtless Ryan Reynolds inspired the tizzy?
7. Story of the week that sounds like it’s from The Onion but — for whatever reason — is not: Taylor Swift rapped with T-Pain at the CMT Awards. Oh yeah, she also poured sugar with Def Leppard. S-t-r-a-n-g-e.
6. Hey Glambert! Please call up Madonna and sweet-talk her into doing a duet for your new album. Love, Michael Slezak.
5. Rough week for Robert Pattinson. Fans preyed upon his film set. He got hit by a cab. And he lost out to Chace Crawford as People‘s Hottest Bachelor. Better luck next week, R-Patt!
4. Second Onion-esque headline of the week: Heidi Pratt says Al Roker ‘attacked’ her. From the looks of it, PopWatch readers would love to attack Heidi Pratt.
3. The fallout from Glambert’s Rolling Stone cover continued with a 20/20 interview in which the Idol runner-up stated he makes out with girls from time to time.
2. Jillian and her crew of boy-toys headed up to Whistler for a romantic Canadian getaway, and Chris Harrison was there (well, obviously) to give readers some much-needed behind-the-scenes insight.
1. Oh, 19 Entertainment. Slezak wants to trust but can’t shake the feeling you might be plotting some career-sabotage against your latest Idol winner, Kris Allen.
addCredit(“Swift: Frank Micelotta/Getty Images; Crawford: Nikolay Ignatovich/Landov”)