Jeff Probst blogs 'Survivor: Tocantins' (episode 10)
How good was that episode?! On a scale of 1-10, I’d love yourfeedback. I honestly think it’s one of the best Survivor episodesever, for the following reasons:
1. LOVED IT: The opening shot of Coach standing in the water doing hisvarious poses — not because it’s Coach but because if you really goback and look at the shot it’s absolutely amazing. Our helicopter teamis so good. That shot is really beautiful as it spins around him andthen pulls away. It’s movie good. Bet you didn’t even notice it – itwas that good. Go back and check.
2. HATED IT: Okay, I’ve had just about enough of Sierra having toplead for her life with everybody else. Coach, Tyson, Debbie –everybody lecturing her. The ”older folk” are working the young girlover and now Sierra is my new favorite underdog.
Sierra, tell them to shut it. It’s easy to do. Just say, ”Shut it.”
Even Serena is really pissed. She is mad that Sierra has never been given a fair shot. From day one, when she was sick and ousted from the tribe, she has been working hard to earn their approval. Serena is angry. Very angry. I like it when Serena gets angry.
BTW: Tyson, you’re wrong — her boyfriend is pretty cool. Mess with him, you mess with me and you don’t want to mess with me. Okay, check that, maybe you do want to mess with me, so I’m just asking, please don’t mess with me.
3. TENDER MOMENT: Coach has a heart. He extends an olive branch to the young female Dragon Slayer in the making, Sierra. She needs a better Dragon Slayer name though – how about Sierra-Mota. Has a certain ring, I think.
And Sierra with a beautiful line: ”How do you save the kind enemy?” I know for many of you this just passes by without appreciation, but as a veteran of this reality world, I’m telling you this kind of writing is rare air.
Serena says, ”It’s like we’re in the Twilight Zone. None of this makes any sense.”
4. WEATHER ORGASM: Oh, you know I love the rain. Love it. Love it. Love it. If there is such thing as a ”reality show host program orgasm” this is it for me. Go ahead, make all the pithy comments you want. I encourage them all because I own it — I love the rain.
But to have rain…mixed along with hot pizza and a huge dilemma for the contestants… you have a Survivor episode worthy of an Emmy. And an orgasm worthy of it’s own blog.
Are you reading this Emmy voters? I challenge you to watch this episode and then tell me this show is not worthy of an Emmy nomination. I’m not positioning, I’m merely preaching the gospel. Where’s the love? Let us back in the game for crying out loud.
5. POSER ALERT: Coach, you’re such a poser! The ”dragon slayer” who wants to change the game and play against the best, doesn’t think twice about opting for pizza over immunity? I expected better.
Coach’s ”I’m hungry” move just about did Serena in for the night. ”These three guys (Coach, Stephen, J.T.) think they are king of the world and it pisses me off.”
Okay I’m not that mad — that’s what happens in this game. It’s what is supposed to happen in the game. That’s how it’s designed. You think you’re in control, so you take a chance. Stephen and J.T. clearly feel they are very safe in this game. That kind of cockiness is fun to watch but it can backfire quickly, so heads up country mouse and city slicker – watch your backs.
6. WRITE THIS DOWN: ”It would be (bleeping) stupid if we made an alliance, gave it a name, bandied the name about, talked about ourselves being warriors and then chickened out at the last second.” Oh man, that made me laugh so hard I had to play it back again and again so I could get it exactly right when I added it to the blog. Coach, you may be a poser, but are a classic, dude.
7. CAN YOU SAY BLINDSIDE?: Tyson, I am going to miss you so much. Man, you were a blast. People will miss you way more than they realize. But dude, what a great blindside, eh? I mean they kicked your ass. Zero idea. Great hair at tribal council, by the way.
FINAL WORDS: I know this season has been a slow burn…but I hope you’re starting to enjoy it as much as I hoped you would. Like I said, tonight was hands down my favorite episode of the season and one of my favorites of all time.
I look forward to your always-insightful comments.
Check out our deleted scene below and then read Dalton’s ‘Survivor’ TV Watch.