'30 Rock': Best moments from 'The Ones'
While last night’s “The Ones” had Slankets (note: it’s not product placement if you like wearing it) and the glorious return of an episode-stealing Salma Hayek, I’m still a little partial to last week’s ‘Jackie Jormp-Jomp.’ And while “The Ones” had an unusual amount of un-PC jabs, (isn’t a Phil Spector joke too soon? Are Kent State jokes ever funny?) it did have some good character revelations about Tracy (who, during his twenty years together with his wife has never cheated on her), Jenna (not a sociopath, just an extreme narcissist) and Kenneth (see below.) Here, in chronological order, are some of our favorite moments from “The Ones”:
1. The repercussions of “We should think about this” for Liz? Watching Solid Gold in her basement on prom night.
2. Liz is both “spirited, like a show horse” and “smart, like a genetically engineered shark.”
3. Elisa’s shaky English upon returning from Puerto Rico: “I don’t have the strength to tell him to his head.”
4. Kenneth’s real name? Dick Whitman!
5. Tracy, Griz, and Dot Com try to come up with an effective solution to the Angie tattoo (“No judgment in brainstorming”):
6. Brian Williams willingly intercepting Tracy’s booty calls.
7. Harmonica = “mouth radio”
8. Poor “legally dead for five minutes” Kenneth, er, Dick, bringing something back with him from the other side.
9. Desperately wanting to hear the rest of the lyrics to “Night Cheese.”
10. “Isn’t there a Slanket somewhere you should be filling with your farts?”
What did you think of “The Ones”, PopWatchers? Was there a moment you loved that we missed? Or were you too busy coming up with new pranks of your own (fedoras included)?
Tina Fey, Alec Baldwin, and Tracy Morgan star in the Emmy-winning comedy. You want to go to there.