'American Idol': What should the Top 7 sing for Disco Night?
Prepare for some couch-dancing, Idoloonies! That is, if things go well on tonight’s disco-themed performance episode of American Idol. Of course, if the top 7 are stupefyingly uncreative — or limited to the same tiny list of songs the Idol producers seem destined to hear on the show over and over and over — then we’ll be hearing three Donna Summer tunes, three tracks off the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack, and Danny Gokey’s cover of “Grease.” And I’ll be dialing 1-800-Head-in-the-Oven! But why choose pessimism when blinding, delusional optimism can keep a spring in your step till Ryan Seacrest gets all up in your face come 8 p.m. EDT? Here’s my Disco Night request list for the remaining finalists. Ch-ch-ch-ch-check it out, then post picks of your own in the comments section below.
- Adam Lambert: Sylvester’s “Do You Wanna Funk” or Musique’s “In the Bush“
- Allison Iraheta: Indeep’s “Last Night a DJ Saved My Life” or Loleatta Holloway’s “Runaway“
- Anoop Desai: KC and the Sunshine Band’s “Keep It Comin’ Love” or France Joli’s “Come to Me“
- Danny Gokey: Cheryl Lynn’s “Got to Be Real” or Patrick Hernandez’s “Born to Be Alive“
- Kris Allen: Andrea True Connection’s “More More More” or Odyssey’s “Native New Yorker“
- Lil Rounds: First Choice’s “Let No Man Put Asunder” or Alicia Bridges’ “I Love the Nightlife (Disco ‘Round)“
- Matt Giraud: The Gap Band’s “You Dropped a Bomb on Me” or Machine’s “There But for the Grace of God Go I“