'Twilight' sequel 'New Moon' casts Michael Sheen as Aro
Michael Sheen, the actor best known for playing Tony Blair and David Frost in the Oscar-nominated films The Queen and Frost/Nixon, has been added to the cast of the Twilight sequel New Moon. He’ll play Aro, the leader of the Volturi, director Chris Weitz confirms to The Daily Mail. The actor was “aggressively” pursued, Weitz added. “Michael’srole is so important because he’s the head of all vampires. Aro is, on the surface, a very gracious and friendly vampire, butbeneath that he is a tremendous threat.” Sheen should be at home in the fantasy realm: He played the Lycan (or werewolf) Lucian in the Underworld films.
- More on ‘The Twilight Saga: New Moon’:
- ‘Twilight’ sequel: Is Michael Sheen right for ‘New Moon’?
- ‘Twilight’ sequel ‘New Moon’ casts Caius
- ‘Twilight’: The wolf pack is cast
- ‘Twilight’ poll: Dakota Fanning is Jane, who should be Alec?
- ‘Twilight’: Dakota Fanning will star in ‘New Moon’
- ‘Twilight’ star Robert Pattinson talks ‘New Moon’ at the Oscars
- ‘Twilight’ stars, Dakota Fanning talk ‘New Moon’
- Dakota Fanning offered role in ‘New Moon’
- ‘Twilight’: Taylor Lautner keeping Jacob role
- ‘Twilight’ sequel: New details on ‘New Moon’
- ‘Twilight’ sequel: Chris Weitz to direct ‘New Moon’
- ‘Twilight’ sequel: Who would you recast?
- EW’s ‘Twilight’ Headquarters (featuring photo galleries, video interviews, and more)