'American Idol': And now there are six!
Warning: Out of respect for our West coast readers, I’m not going to name the three contestants who advanced to American Idol‘s season eight finals tonight, but I’m going to drop some not-very-well-hidden hints, so read at your own caution. Seriously. If you don’t want to know who went home, stop reading. Very well. You’ve been warned. So…two of my favorites from last night — the chick with the fuscia hair, and the dude whose early Idol run vaguely resembled a Where’s Waldo? puzzle — made it through to the top 12, as did the guy who got compared to Twilight‘s Robert Pattinson. I’m kinda bummed the contestant who shares a last name with the creator of the Muppets didn’t survive, but she was quite respectful to the judges tonight, and maybe just maybe she earned herself a Wild Card performance slot in the process. We’ll find out in just a week! In the interim, what did you think of the second round of season 8 semifinal results? Check out our latest Idolatry episode below, then weigh in with your thoughts on our message boards. In the meantime, I’m off to write my full TV Watch recap, which should post early tomorrow morning. Holla!
- More on ‘American Idol’:
- ‘American Idol’ Group 2 semifinal performances recap: There Will Be Blood
- ‘American Idol’: The 11 Most Shocking Flameouts
- ‘Idolatry’: Where do you stand on Danny Gokey?
- ‘American Idol’ recap: Pimpin’ Ain’t Easy
- ‘American Idol’: Where You’ve Seen 11 Contenders Before
- ‘American Idol’ Group 1 semifinal recap: Voters, Start Your Engines!
- ‘Idolatry’: Making sense of American Idol’s top 36
- EW’s ‘American Idol’ HQ
- ‘American Idol’: Get the scoop on what 14 of your favorite former contestants are doing now