Pop Culture Hits and Misses
We rate pop culture for the week of January 12, 2009 including Kelly Clarkson, Neil Patrick Harris, and Bruce Springsteen
· Sorry, Mozart, we’re going with Kelly Clarkson‘s ”My Life Would Suck Without You” as the best song in the history of the universe
· With a Golden Globe award and gigs at the inauguration and Super Bowl, it’s the Year of the Boss. Again!
· Thanks, SNL. Now the Doogie Howser theme song will be in our heads for another 20 years… No. Seriously. Thanks!
· The prospect of a Janis-and-Chloe showdown on 24
· Ads for He’s Just Not That Into You mention MySpace, revealing to the world that the movie has been on the shelf since the Mesozoic era
· Dear Feminism: We apologize. Love, the cast of Bride Wars
· Who died and made Toby Young a Top Chef judge? Please resurrect that person. A corpse would be preferable.
NOT EVEN CLOSE
· Angelina, you’re supposed to try to look happy when someone else wins in your category.
· Fox takes show’s title literally: inexplicably renews ‘Til Death