Keanu Reeves in live-action 'Cowboy Bebop'
Keanu Reeves is set to play futuristic bounty hunter Spike Spiegel in a live-action adaptation of the Japanese anime series Cowboy Bebop, Variety reports. You don’t have to be a fan of the show to understand why Reeves was cast: It’s set in 2071. Spike wears cool clothes and packs heat. Done. I’m down with Reeves’ casting because I’ll watch Keanu in anything (I see emotion even when you don’t), and because my attachment to Spike began roughly 10 minutes ago when I watched the ending of the 26-episode series on YouTube. Bang! (I’d recommend spoilerphobic newbies settle for the opening of Ep 1, below.)
What do you diehard fans think? Who would you like to see cast as paternal cyborg Jet, sassy femme Faye, and girly techno-savant Ed?
- Keanu Reeves: 24 career highs and lows
- EW reviews Reeves’ movies
- Keanu Reeves confesses his comic book obsession
- Lisa Schwarzbaum reviews the 2003 Cowboy Bebop movie
- Marc Bernardin reviews the Cowboy Bebop movie DVD (from which, I confess, I stole my description of the supporting characters)
addCredit(“Jun Sato/ WireImage”)