Pop culture hits and misses
We rate pop culture for the week of December 1, 2008 including the John Favreau in ''Four Christmases,'' Anderson Cooper, and Rick Astley
· One of our Favreau stars of 2008 steals all his scenes in Four Christmases
· Good idea: Fame remake; better idea: Make it a Cheers reunion
· Anderson Cooper takes off his shirt on 60 Minutes…
· …to race against Michael Phelps
· Emille Hirsch, James Franco, and Diego Luna sport curly coifs in Milk. Because ”straight” hair wouldn’t have been in character?
· Rick Astley: Great Rickrolling at the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. Now, about that Clay Aiken ‘do…
· Dancing With the Stars withdrawal
NOT EVEN CLOSE
· Just when ukuleles and dreadlocks were starting to regain their cred, Jason Castro’s li’l bro reportedly makes Hollywood Week on American Idol.
· Utterly bizarre CBS public service announcement implores women to get their husbands a prostate exam for Hanukkah. Tip: Don’t make it last eight days.
· Reports of Wii shortage… Sorry, gotta run!