Pop culture hits and misses
We rate pop culture for the week of October 20, 2008 including Mark Wahlberg, Whoopi Goldberg, Taylor Swift, and more
· With the rediscovery of his sense of humor on SNL and a No. 1 movie, it’s a good time to be Mark Wahlberg. Say hi to your mother for us
· Self-deprecation all-star Keith Olbermann was on hand at David Letterman’s in case John McCain ditched again
· Best (and unlikeliest) duet of the fall: Robin Thicke and Mary J. Blige in ”Magic Touch”
· Fringe and The Office collude to bring back the name Astrid and its playground variation, A–turd
· The feeling that everyone should have been paying much closer attention to Taylor Swift
· Whoopi, lose the Valley girl voice — did you stop paying attention to pop culture in 1989?
· Spock and Tina from The Amazing Race have disturbingly similar eyebrows.
· Marjorie: Stop sighing and stand up straight. We like our Top Models without scoliosis.
· Baby Spice – 3/4 (Britney’s talent) + mind-numbing Eurotrash pop = Lady GaGa
Not Even Close
· At this rate, viewers won’t see another season of lawsuit-hobbled Project Runway until 2015 — around the time America stops hating Kenley.