The Los Angeles County Coroner's office announced that actor Brad Renfro passed away due to an accidental overdose of heroin

(FROM PEOPLE.COM) — The Los Angeles County Coroner’s office announced on Friday that actor Brad Renfro died of ”acute heroin/morphine intoxication,” adding that ”the final manner of death has been ruled an accident.” The coroner also said that the drugs had been injected.

Renfro, who gained fame and critical acclaim for his appearances in movies like The Client, Apt Pupil, and Ghost World, was found dead in an L.A. apartment on Jan. 15. A week later, actor Heath Ledger passed away in New York from an accidental overdose of prescription medication. (