Pop culture hit and miss -- We rate pop culture for the week of December 14, 2007 including ''30 Rock,'' Ashlee Simpson, and Brad Pitt
* Why isn’t Brad Pitt the mayor of New Orleans?
* 30 Rock coins a sexual orientation we can finally all agree on: Gay for Jamie
* Imus’ new sidekick Karith Foster is Southern, Oxford-educated, and Jewish: our type of gal?
* Love Tom Petty, but at the Super Bowl?
* To quote Paula Abdul: Two steps forward…two steps back. Elizabeth Berkley on CSI: Miami and a Bravo reality show
* To P.S. I Love You, P.S. We hate your commercials
* Plug your ears. Ashlee Simpson has a new single that even Timbaland can’t save
* Richard Dreyfuss as the drugged-out wizard in Tin Man
* Worst Christmas book ever: Fartsy Claus