Jamie Foxx's five essential songs
Singer, comic, and actor (who will next be seen in July’s Miami Vice remake), Foxx can do it all. And that includes recommending damn fine music!
The Ray star can’t stop lovin’ these five songs
1. ”DO ME BABY” Prince Controversy, 1981 (Warner Bros.) ”It was so descriptive. Growing up as a kid, as a musician, it was like, ‘Wow, this dude is actually painting the video before videos were really out.’ You can see exactly what he’s talking about.”
2. ”SEXUAL HEALING” Marvin Gaye Midnight Love, 1982 (Columbia) ”Oh, yeah! That whole get-down puts you in the mood.”
3. ”ALWAYS AND FOREVER” Heat Wave Too Hot to Handle, 1977 (Epic) ”Says exactly what I think I would say to a woman if I wanted to make her my girlfriend — or my wife.”
4. ”IT’S ALL ABOUT THE BENJAMINS” Puff Daddy feat. the Lox, Lil’ Kim, and Notorious B.I.G. No Way Out, 1997 (Bad Boy) ”A great party record. Puff was at his highest. Those days were magical.”
5. ”LADY” Lionel Richie Time, 1998 (MCA) ”Incredible. Incredible record. Just incredible writing…brings back memories.”