Which love songs should the Idols sing?
Andrea Bocelli will be American Idol‘s guest vocal coach when the six remaining contestants take on classic love songs on Tuesday night’s performance show. Undoubtedly, this will result in an hour of schlocky Celine-esque balladeering, but perhaps, perhaps, perhaps if we all band together and come up with some alternate suggestions, this could be the contestants’ best week ever. I’ll start with my picks, and then you can list yours in the comments section below. If you (or Paris or Elliott) need some help brainstorming, might I suggest EW’s list of 50 Greatest Love Songs?
- Chris Daughtry: Guns N’ Roses’ ”Sweet Child O’ Mine”
- Paris Bennett: Tina Turner’s ”River Deep, Mountain High”
- Elliott Yamin: Mary J. Blige’s ”Love No Limit”
- Katharine McPhee: Yeah Yeah Yeahs’ ”Maps”
- Taylor Hicks: Alicia Keys’ ”If I Ain’t Got You”
- Kellie Pickler: Dolly Parton’s ”Here You Come Again”