Check out the swag in this year's Emmy gift bags
Remember when second place meant a little red ribbon with the number 2 on it, or a dinky plastic trophy? Well, the, ahem, ”non-winning” Emmy nominees will get much more than that this year: Distinctive Assets, an L.A.-based entertainment marketing company, has assembled consolation prizes worth more than $25,000 for the runners-up in the 12 major acting categories at Sunday’s 57th Annual Emmy Awards (airing at 8 p.m. on CBS).
Here are some of the goodies:
· One-year membership to Clay Gym in New York (worth $2,500)
· A year of OxeSlim diet products($2,000)
· Gift certificate for lash extension, from Lavish Lashes ($750)
· Case of wine from Rioja ($500)
· Tickets to the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, Calif. ($400)
· Sterling necklace from Jazzy Rose Jewelry ($750)
· A 45-minute flight around Los Angeles (and the nominee gets to pilot!), courtesy of Hollywood Aviators ($250)
· Ralph Lauren eyewear from Solstice Sunglass Boutiques ($225)
· Gear from Gibson guitar ($200)
· London Sole ballet flats ($155)
· Gift box of Geeklabel, Inc., T-shirts, including one reading ”Emmy Nominee” ($75)
· Pink Ribbon Hobo bag from The Sak ($60)
· Custom stationery from otherannouncements.com ($60)
· Stacey G necklace from TheFashionPulse.com ($300)
· HoMedics Foot Pleaser Foot Massager ($50)
Oh, and the participation prizes? The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences will give all presenters (including the cast of Desperate Housewives, Everybody Loves Raymond, and stars like Rachel Bilson, Jon Stewart, and Zach Braff) a Dooney & Bourke leather satchel filled with an Elini Swiss watch, a one-year membership card to The Sports Club/LA, two round-trip first-class tickets on United’s ”P.S.” premium flights (with service between New York and San Francisco or Los Angeles), services from L.A.’s Ona Spa and Prive Salon, and much more.
By the way, did I mention I lost a potato-sack race back in the sixth grade? Now, where’s my gift bag?