Test your knowledge of Madonna, ''M*A*S*H,'' ''The Jetsons,'' and more
Q: What has 185 pages, goes on sale Sept. 20, and, um, helps fight tooth decay?
A: The Great American Pop Culture Quiz Book (Pocket Books, $12). So we’ve decided to take a break from the tour of our last 15 years to give you tidbits from what we’re sure will be the book of choice for pop-cult addicts (and, uh, dentists) everywhere.
1. In Dawson’s Creek, what was the name of Pacey’s (Joshua Jackson) boat?
2. In 2001: A Space Odyssey, what song could the HAL 9000 computer sing?
3. Match the M*A*S*H’ character with his home state:
A. Hawkeye Pierce
B. Sherman Potter
C. Frank Burns
D. B.J. Hunnicutt
4. What name did Madonna adopt after she began practicing Kabbalah?
5. In Tom Hanks’ blockbuster Forrest Gump, what up-and-coming young actor played Forrest’s young son?
6. In The Jetsons‘ theme song, who do you meet after George Jetson?
7. What was the name of the exclusive golf club in Caddyshack?
8. What Neil Diamond song was inspired by the film E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial?
9. Howard Cosell appeared as himself in which two Woody Allen movies from the ’70s?
10. What was Ron Burgundy’s (Will Ferrell) sign-off at the end of each newscast in Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy?
ANSWERS TO THIS WEEK’S POP CULTURE QUIZ
1. True Love; 2. ”Daisy Bell (A Bicycle Built for Two)”; 3. A-3, B-1, C-2, D-4; 4. Esther; 5. Haley Joel Osment; 6. Elroy; 7. Bushwood; 8. ”Heartlight”; 9. Bananas and Sleeper; 10. ”You stay classy, San Diego”