Deals: James Cameron, Scorsese, Jolie
- Nearly a decade after Titanic, James Cameron, still can’t decide on his next feature. The King of the World may back-burner his manga-based Battle Angel to make the secret ”Project 880.”
- Does the title Hot Stuff make you think of Tim Robbins? Me neither, but Robbins is in talks to star as a cop in this apartheid-era South Africa-set thriller.
- Martin Scorsese is mulling Mississippi Mud, a docudrama about a murdered judge, as a producing project. Robert De Niro and Leonardo DiCaprio, start practicing your Southern accents.
- Clive Owen follows up the hyperviolent Sin City and bank-robbery thriller Inside Man with Shoot-Em-Up. Might we suggest a Michael Bay project next? And might we suggest a title? How about Guns, Fireballs, Guns, Explosions, and Guns?
- Playing themselves in the Hollywood satire The Mirror will be Angelina Jolie, Owen Wilson, Ben Stiller, and Ben Stiller’s reflection. So that’s how he manages to make 15 movies a year.