Jacko calls for dismissal of $13 million lawsuit
Jacko calls for dismissal of $13 million lawsuit. He claims his signature was forged on a contract with the plaintiff, his former business manager
Not all the Jackson action these days is taking place on TV. Some of it is still in the courtroom, where Michael Jackson is the target of a number of pending lawsuits. His lawyers are trying to get one of them, a $13 million action filed by his former business manager, thrown out of court, the Associated Press reports. At issue is a contract between them that has, on the dotted line, a signature that Jackson claims is not his.
In the suit, filed last April, Myung Ho Lee, who took on Jackson as a client in 1997, claims the singer owes him $13 million in fees from a contract dated Sept. 14, 2001. But Jackson, in an affidavit, calls the signature a forgery. ”This is untrue,” he swears. ”I was not even in Los Angeles on that day.” Jackson had been in New York the previous week for his two 30th anniversary concerts, and he left by chartered bus after the Sept. 11 attacks, according to FoxNews.com.
Meanwhile, more revelations about Jackson’s private life continue to emerge from the hours of sweeps-month news specials devoted to him. On Monday night’s ”Dateline” special on NBC, called ”Unmasking Michael Jackson,” the most startling revelation may have been that made by the singer’s friend, Donald Trump, who says he lent Jackson the use of his Palm Beach, Fla., mansion so he could secretly court Lisa Marie Presley, and says that their romance was real. She became Jackson’s first wife in 1994; the marriage lasted less than two years.