A 666th Sense
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY has hit issue No. 666, and it’s about time. After all, Hollywood has clearly gone to hell. Here’s the latest damning evidence.
1. Badass Oscar winner Christopher Walken costars with lovable giant bears — but doesn’t get to beat the living crap out of them.
2. Miss Piggy’s disturbing turn as spokespig for pork-pushing restaurant chain Denny’s.
3. Jonathan Lipnicki’s box office haul in 2002 ($80.8 million so far from Like Mike and Stuart Little 2) has surpassed that of Robert De Niro and Kevin Costner combined.
4. NBC’s painful realization that Dennis Farina rhymes with Macarena.
5. This year’s proliferation of talking-dog film franchises. (Sequels to both Snow Dogs and Scooby-Doo are in the works.)
6. The inexplicably ongoing music career of Jennifer Love Hewitt (above).