Here’s a little test you can take at home. Sit through all of I.Q., then answer these questions:
1. Meg Ryan plays an intellectual; Tim Robbins plays the simple man who finds her unbearably attractive. What is wrong with this picture?
2. As Albert Einstein, the elderly matchmaker for these two, is Walter Matthau…
(a) excruciating, or
3. Is it chemistry, physics, a passable script, or all of the above that is missing from this ostensible romantic comedy?
4. Do the low-budget production values remind you, as intended, of those charming movies from the ’50s, or only that this is the cheapest sort of imitation?
5. True or false? Very Low I.Q. is probably a more appropriate video title. D