IN YOUR FACE
ON THE REISER
Hey, Paul Reiser: In the past month you’ve been giving us that old Jan Brady feeling: It’s been nothing but Paul! Paul! Paul! Witness: * At the podium Claiming he’s ”only doing it for free records,” Reiser helms the 37th Annual Grammy Awards on March 1. A few weeks later, he performs the same shtick as host of Saturday Night Live.
* On the big screen Reiser’s Bye Bye, Love hits theaters on March 17.
* On the little screen Right where it all started: Mad About You, Thursday nights on NBC.
* On morning, noon, and night Proving that he’s an early Reiser, Paul hits the a.m. chat circuit, promoting his new movie on Live With Regis and Kathie Lee, The Mike and Maty Show, and CNN Showbiz Today. Stay up late, and see Reiser telling the same stories on Late Show With David Letterman, The Tonight Show With Jay Leno, and Late Night With Conan O’Brien (not on the same night).
* Look, up in the sky The comedian appears on the March cover of American Way, American Airlines’ in-flight magazine.
* Commercials That familiar face is hawking computers for IBM.
* On the page Lest we forget, Couplehood is still on the best-seller list.
Will we get a Reiser reprieve anytime soon? No. ”I’m Movie Boy, TV Boy, Book Boy. I’m everywhere,” admits Reiser. ”But what I really want to do is go back and do some stand-up soon.” Makes sense. There’s nothing else left.