About Your Privacy on this Site
Welcome! To bring you the best content on our sites and applications, Meredith partners with third party advertisers to serve digital ads, including personalized digital ads. Those advertisers use tracking technologies to collect information about your activity on our sites and applications and across the Internet and your other apps and devices.
You always have the choice to experience our sites without personalized advertising based on your web browsing activity by visiting the DAA’s Consumer Choice page, the NAI's website, and/or the EU online choices page, from each of your browsers or devices. To avoid personalized advertising based on your mobile app activity, you can install the DAA’s AppChoices app here. You can find much more information about your privacy choices in our privacy policy. Even if you choose not to have your activity tracked by third parties for advertising services, you will still see non-personalized ads on our sites and applications. By clicking continue below and using our sites or applications, you agree that we and our third party advertisers can:
  • transfer your data to the United States or other countries; and
  • process and share your data so that we and third parties may serve you with personalized ads, subject to your choices as described above and in our privacy policy.
Entertainment Weekly

Last Night on Late Night

Billy Bush talks Trump op-ed with Stephen Colbert: 'Enough's enough'

Posted on

Billy Bush visited The Late Show on Monday to discuss his recent New York Times op-ed about the infamous 2005 Access Hollywood tape, and to call out President Trump for falsely claiming the tape isn’t real.

Asked by host Stephen Colbert about his decision to publish the op-ed and the timing, a visibly agitated Bush cited Trump’s denial of the tape (on which Trump can clearly be heard making vulgar comments about women). “He, last week, for some reason came out with, ‘That’s not my voice on the tape.’ Like I said, you can’t say that,” Bush said. “That is your voice, I was there, you were there, that’s your voice on the tape.”

(Despite Trump’s attempt to revise history, he apologized for his remarks shortly after the tape emerged.)

Bush’s visit marked his first late-night appearance since the tape surfaced and ultimately cost him his Today show job. He told Colbert he was offended by Trump’s denial on a personal level, and also on behalf of the women who have gone on the record to accuse Trump of sexual misconduct. (Trump has denied the allegations.)

“You’ve got 20 women … who used their names,” Bush said. “We’ve got powerful people being held accountable now, and sometimes there’s anonymous sources. All of these women came out with their names and told their detailed accounts. So when he said this, it infuriated me on the personal front, and then I ended up Googling and I read an article with all of these women’s accounts.”

Bush said he hadn’t read up on the allegations against Trump in the immediate aftermath of his own firing but eventually got up to speed: “As I read these, I said, ‘Twenty women don’t get together and say, ‘Hey, you know what would be really fun? Let’s take down a powerful guy together, ha ha.’ No they don’t.”

He added, “Enough’s enough — stop playing around with people’s lives! That upset me.”

Watch the video above for more. The Late Show airs weeknights at 11:35 p.m. ET on CBS.

Outbrain

Tags