All good Outlander fans know Claire (Caitriona Balfe) is more than capable of taking care of herself, whatever the terrain/century/perilous situation.
This week’s episode of Outlander, “Heaven and Earth,” was just another opportunity for us to witness what a strong and powerful lass she is. While Jamie (Sam Heughan) found himself locked up in a cell (again!) below deck, Claire had to contend with hundreds of dying men, raging Typhoid, and an unsavory character from her and Jamie’s past, intent on causing problems for the couple. But, like the pro she is, Claire got every situation under control and even made some friends along the way (gotta love Anika and her goats!).
Here are 11 of the Claire’s most badass moments from episode 10:
1. When she educated all the men on the ship about contamination and the spread of Typhoid.
2. When she compartmentalized all the deaths so she could keep doing her job.
3. When she used a bunch of expletives to chastise the men and they were all like, what is this foul language on a gentlewoman?!
4. When she stood up to the cook’s physical aggression and wouldn’t give in to his threats.
5. When she was ready to kill Jamie’s accuser Mr. Tompkins to save her husband…
6. …but had him locked in a cell instead so he couldn’t spread the word any further.
7. When she pretty much cured the Typhoid outbreak.
8. When she pretended to be Elias’ mother to ease his pain in death.
9. When she decided to escape with nothing but her hat and tiny satchel.
10. When that attempt failed and she contemplated jumping overboard to swim to her freedom and save Jamie…
11. …and then she did it!! Jesus H. Roosevelt Christ, indeed.
Outlander airs Sundays at 8 p.m. ET on Starz.