Carol has killed her fair share of zombies over seven seasons of The Walking Dead, but if you ask the woman who plays her, Melissa McBride, about them all, there is one that stands out.
“It’s hard to pick just one favorite walker kill in these first 100 episodes, ’cause by now she’s had quite a few,” says McBride. “One of the more memorable ones, however, was when Carol was practicing the C-section and had to take down the female walker at the prison gate.”
It wasn’t the walker itself that was so special, but rather the circumstances surrounding it. “There was just something really moving and sweet about the walker that Carol had to put down,” McBride says. “Why she was doing it, how gently she approached it, how thoughtful she was of the whole situation. I think that’s really one of the more memorable ones.”
There’s another reason why McBride holds that scene so dear. “That’s so memorable because that was one of the first scenes I had with Steven [Yeun] — quite possibly the only scene I had with Steven.”
To watch McBride talk about the scene, and see it for yourself, watch the video at the top of the post. And for more Walking Dead intel, follow me on Twitter @DaltonRoss.
• Greg Nicotero’s Top 10 Walking Dead zombies ever
• What The Walking Dead cast wants for the next 100 episodes
• The Walking Dead and Fear TWD crossover event in the works
• The Walking Dead: Andrew Lincoln says ‘big deaths’ are coming
• The Walking Dead without Andrew Lincoln’s Rick Grimes ‘absolutely’ could happen
• The Walking Dead portrait gallery
• Watch Andrew Lincoln prank Norman Reedus with glitter bomb
• The Walking Dead: Corey Hawkins not likely to appear in season 8
• The Walking Dead showrunner says Rick-Negan war will end in season 8
• The Walking Dead: Maggie will not give birth in season 8