Praise (Just) Jack — Will & Grace is back!
Celebrate the show’s return (Thursday 9 p.m. ET on NBC) as Karen Walker (Megan Mullally) would: with a drink or six. Knock back this W&G-inspired mix from Andy Heidel, author of The Cocktail Guide to the Galaxy.
The Designated Drinker:
1 orange slice
2 dashes Angostura bitters
2 dashes Peychaud’s bitters
2 splashes lemon juice
1 sugar cube
2 oz. Jack Daniel’s whiskey
½ oz. Barrow’s Intense Ginger Liqueur
1 absinthe wash
2 oz. Prosecco
1. Put on some snappy piano music.
2. Chill a fancy glass (coupe, wine, or champagne glass) and set it aside. Reassure the fancy glass that you’ll come back to it, no matter what, even if the jelly jar looks more attractive right now (shhh, it’s okay).
3. In a pint glass or a shaker, muddle the orange slice, bitters, lemon juice, and sugar cube.
4. Muddling is when you smoosh the ingredients together with a blunt object like Karen.
5. Add the “Just Jack” Daniel’s, Barrow’s Intense Ginger, and ice to the pint glass and shake (if you have a shaker) or stir (stir if you don’t have a shaker or moneymaker).
6. Pour a little absinthe into the chilled glass and wash the inside of it, then dump the rest out. If you don’t know how to wash, ask Rosario.
7. You Will have to strain your drink into your fancy glass and top with Prosecco. Say Grace, and imbibe. This cocktail will sanitize any Germapolooza.