It’s not getting any easier, is it Sassenachs?
Another episode over and our century-crossed lovers are still years (and an ocean) apart. The distance and the stark difference in their situations never seemed more obvious than in episode 3, “All Debts Paid.” Not to undermine Claire’s (Caitriona Balfe) suffering — we can only imagine the pain of being separated from one such as Jamie (Sam Heughan), honestly we truly don’t mean to trivialize her hardship — but while she’s celebrating family milestones and enjoying a full English breakfast, poor Jamie has to negotiate with his captors just to keep the rats in his cell because they provide food for the prisoners. *Shudders* Yes, their lives are following very different courses.
Here are some of the moments that really demonstrated the distance between them — in GIF form, obviously.
1. When Claire enjoyed a scrumptious cooked English breakfast…
2. While Jamie enjoyed the honor of being prison spokesperson.
3. When Claire celebrated her graduation with a martini…
4. While Jamie celebrated having his shackles removed for the first time in years.
5. When Claire gathered with her family to eat cake for Brianna’s birthday…
6. While Jamie had to deal with a sword to the throat.
7. When Claire very politely applauded her (and Jamie’s) daughter’s high school graduation…
8. While Jamie was very rudely dragged behind a horse.
9. When Claire sprinted through the hospital…
10. And Jamie sprinted through the Scottish countryside.
11. When Claire’s home looked like this:
12. And Jamie’s home looked like this.:
13. When Claire’s current place of work was this:
14. And Jamie’s new place of work was this: