Carlton Cuse is returning to ABC Studios with a multi-year pact, the studio announced on Wednesday.
The writer-director-producer signed a multi-year overall deal with ABC Studios to develop projects across all ABC network, streaming, and cable programs under the banner of his company Genre Arts. Cuse previously partnered with ABC Studios on the hit series Lost, which he served as a co-showrunner on for six years.
“It is with great pleasure that I am returning to ABC Studios, my happy home for six years during ‘Lost.’ I am very excited to be working alongside wonderful and iconic Disney brands like Marvel, Pixar and Lucasfilm to create and bring entertaining and compelling stories to the screen,” Cuse said in a statement.
Since Lost, Cuse has gone on to direct, write, and produce a number of series for a variety of outlets, including Colony on USA Network, Bates Motel on A&E, and the upcoming Jack Ryan series launching on Amazon next year.
“Forming a partnership with a writer/producer/director as talented and prolific as Carlton Cuse is a major victory for ABC Studios,” Patrick Moran, president of ABC Studios, said in a statement. “We’re so looking forward to working with him again and bringing his signature creativity back to our studio.”
In addition to continuing to create and launch his own projects, Cuse will collaborate with Genre Arts and ABC to bring the visions of a new generation of showrunners to television.