Entertainment Weekly

Subscribe

Stay Connected

Subscribe

Advertise With Us

Learn More

Skip to content

TV

No, Billy Bush isn't hosting a show on Fox

The former ‘Today’ host has been unemployed since his ouster over Trump bus tapes

Posted on

Billy Bush will not be returning to the small screen as the host of Fox’s news magazine show Top 30 and is not in talks for another role with the company, contrary to reports.

“There is absolutely no truth to this whatsoever,” a spokesperson for Fox Television Stations said in a statement to EW on Thursday.

The Daily Mail initially reported that Bush — who was ousted from NBC’s Today show in October over his involvement in Donald Trump’s Access Hollywood hot-mic scandal — would be hosting Top 30 when it launches in the fall.

Amid denials from both Fox and Bush’s publicist, the Daily Mail updated the report to say that Bush is “in talks for other possible projects” at Fox — an assertion Fox also refuted.

Charles Sykes/Getty Images

Bush, 45, has kept a low profile since the Washington Post published a recording of a lewd conversation he had with Donald Trump in 2005 on the set of Access Hollywood. Bush apologized for his conduct and departed the Today show 10 days later.

Earlier this year, Bush told the Hollywood Reporter that hearing the leaked tape left him “totally and completely gutted.”

Bush’s publicist did not immediately respond to request for comment.