July 03, 2017 at 08:46 AM EDT

Maria Menounos, who revealed in the latest issue of PEOPLE that she was diagnosed with a brain tumor, is leaving the E! network.

“I am so grateful for the past three years at E!. I had such an amazing time co-hosting with Jason Kennedy and working everyday with the wonderful roster of talent on the show including producers, staff and crew,” Menounos said in a statement. “It was such a special, good-hearted group and one I’ll always consider family. A special thank you to Frances Berwick and Adam Stotsky for all the support they have shown me through the years especially during these tough times. I will truly miss everyone and looking forward to this next chapter in my life.”

“Our thoughts and support go out to Maria and her family and we wish them all the best knowing that Maria will tackle this with the same fierce dedication she is known for,” added Adam Stotsky, president of E! Entertainment. “We are grateful for Maria’s many contributions to E! over the past three years.”

Speaking to PEOPLE, Menounos revealed she was diagnosed with a meningioma brain tumor earlier this year. After surgery in June, 99.9 percent of the benign tumor was removed. “[My doctor] said there’s a six to seven percent chance that we’ll see it come back,” Menounos said to PEOPLE. “But I’ll take those odds any day.”

After news of Menounos’ tumor broke, the host and television personality posted a heartfelt thank-you note on Instagram — with special mention of her mother, who is currently battling stage 4 cancer.

“First I wanna say thank you all for the well wishes, prayers and support. It’s been a crazy time here in our home,” Menounos wrote. “I want you all to know that I’m ok! Seriously I’m recovering well and should be as good as new very very soon! Luckily I don’t need any further treatments but I can’t say the same about my mom. So please keep her in your prayers.”

You May Like

Comments

EDIT POST