Ariana Bacle
May 24, 2017 AT 01:57 PM EDT

Ariana Grande has postponed her Dangerous Woman Tour after an attack following her Monday night show in Manchester left 22 dead and dozens injured. The tour had been scheduled to resume Thursday at London’s O2 Arena.

“Due to the tragic events in Manchester, the Dangerous Woman Tour with Ariana Grande has been suspended until we can further assess the situation and pay our proper respects to those lost,” Grande’s team said in a statement to EW. “The London O2 shows this week have been canceled as well as all shows through June 5 in Switzerland. We ask at this time that we all continue to support the city of Manchester and all those families affected by this cowardice and senseless act of violence. Our way of life has once again been threatened but we will overcome this together.”

The bombing took place outside the concert venue following the show, and the Associated Press reports the Islamic State has since claimed responsibility for the attack.

“Broken,” Grande tweeted late Monday evening. “From the bottom of my heart, I am so so sorry. I don’t have words.”

The singer was photographed arriving at a Florida airport Tuesday,. Earlier in the day, a source close to the situation told EW they were assessing whether or not to continue the run of shows. “Right now, the focus is on the victims and grieving for them,” the source said. “We’re not focused on the tour.”

You May Like

Comments

EDIT POST