Marcus Ingram/Getty Images
Danielle Jackson
February 16, 2017 AT 03:46 PM EST

Since departing Fifth Harmony in late December, Camila Cabello has attempted to make amends with her former bandmates, though there may still be some hostility on the other end.

In a cover story for Billboard, Cabello opened up about her decision to leave the group. When asked if she has been in touch with the four remaining ladies — Ally Brooke Hernandez, Dinah Jane, Normani Kordei, and Lauren Jauregui — since going solo, she said, “No.”

The “Bad Things” singer also claims she reached out to the group directly but declined to elaborate further “because it was really intense and it’s hard for me to talk about.”

She added, “It makes me sad.”

Cabello’s decision to go solo brought forth some new details about the group’s tense final days as a quintet. Fifth Harmony originally released a statement via social media explaining that they had been informed “via [Cabello’s] representatives” that she would be leaving the group, which Cabello later denied. Echoing her earlier statements about being surprised at their reactions to the news, the 19-year-old explained to Billboard that she initially hoped things would end peacefully.

“I hoped that it would be a peaceful turning of the page and we would root for each other,” she said. “But I only got love for them.”

Read Camila Cabello’s full interview at Billboard.

You May Like

Comments

EDIT POST