Screen it again, Sam.
Casablanca, E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial, and The Godfather are among the beloved movies returning to cinemas for the 2017 season of the TCM Big Screen Classics series.
Presented by Fathom Events and Turner Classic Movies, the series will bring 14 iconic films to theaters nationwide, with one or more screenings per month beginning in January. Each title will feature a specially produced commentary from TCM hosts Ben Mankiewicz and Tiffany Vasquez, and will screen four times only. Screenings will take place at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. local time on select Sundays and Wednesdays.
The 2017 lineup also includes The Graduate, All About Eve, The Princess Bride, and North by Northwest.
“These 14 titles were released over five decades and include Best Picture winners, epic cinematography, most acclaimed directors, legendary star power, and memorable soundtracks, that have captured film-lovers’ hearts and defined movie-making magic,” said Tom Lucas, Fathom’s vice president of studio relations, in a statement.
Tickets can be purchased on the Fathom website. Here’s the full slate:
- Singin’ in the Rain (65th anniversary), Jan. 15 and 18
- An Affair to Remember (60th anniversary), Feb. 12 and 15
- All About Eve, March 5 and 8
- North by Northwest, April 2 and 5
- The Graduate (50th anniversary), April 23 and 26
- Smokey and the Bandit (40th anniversary), May 21 and 24
- The Godfather, June 4 and 7
- Some Like It Hot, June 11 and 14
- Fast Times at Ridgemont High, July 30 and Aug. 2
- Bonnie and Clyde (50th anniversary), Aug. 13 and 16
- E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial, Sept. 17 and 20
- The Princess Bride (30th anniversary), Oct. 15 and 18
- Casablanca (75th anniversary), Nov. 12 and 15
- Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner? (50th anniversary), Dec. 10 and 13