The Mysterious Benedict Society is officially 10 years old!
But just because the first book in Trenton Lee Stewart best-selling series is now in the double digits doesn’t mean readers (new and old) can’t join Reynie, Kate, Washington, and Constance as part of Mr. Benedict’s gifted crew.
Only instead of tackling tough physical and mental challenges — and going undercover at the Learning Institute for the Very Enlightened to help foil a nefarious plan — all fans of the books will have to do is take a quiz included in the 10th-anniversary edition of the now-classic middle-grade novel, which EW is debuting below.
Order your copy of the 10th-anniversary edition of The Mysterious Benedict Society here.
Are You Mysterious Benedict Society Material?
1. What does this spell in Morse code? .–.. .. – – – –.
d. Codes are for toads!
2. Rearrange the letters to find the correct word: uttisteni
c. Who says “uttisteni” is not a word?
3. What day did Hawaii become the 50th state of the United States of America?
a. August 21, 1959, the 233rd day of the year (234th in leap years)
b. February 22, 1960, the 53rd day of the year
c. March 19, 1958, the 78th day of the year (79th in leap years)
d. October 7, 1957, the 280th day of the year (281st in leap years)
4. Which of the following words does not belong: parsley, mint, nutmeg, or tomato?
5. If Kate is taller than Reynie, and Sticky is shorter than Kate, and Constance is the shortest, who is the tallest member of the Mysterious Benedict Society?
6. What condition does Mr. Benedict suffer from?
a. His nose is like a rose—it grows and grows!
7. In leap years, what is the 234th day?
a. October 7, World Smile Day
b. February 22, George Washington’s birthday
c. March 15, the ides of March
d. August 21, the same day that Hawaii became the 50th state of the United States of America
8. What word rhymes with orange?
a. Whatever I want!
b. Nothing rhymes with orange!
9. What is the next number in this pattern: 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5?
10. To be inquisitive is to be…
a. A type of pasta
After you have answered all the questions, move ahead to the next page…