Billy Eichner has mastered the art of the simultaneous run-and-scream, but now the 38-year-old star of Billy on the Street (Tuesdays at 10:30 p.m. ET on truTV) slows down — for a moment, anyway — to take EW’s very challenging Pop Culture Personality Quiz.
1. Best street: 21 Jump Street, Sing Street, or Sesame Street?
Sesame Street, for sure. It’s an ideal place where we should all think about moving to right now! And I got to do a Billy on the Street segment with Big Bird and Michelle Obama, so that was a highlight for me.”
2. Who’d win in a Billy fight: Billy Joel or Billy Zane?
Probably Zane — he’s got some height on Joel, but I would be Team Billy Joel. But I would worry.
3. After your turn on Parks and Recreation, which of the characters would make the best road-trip companion?
Donna would be the most fun to travel with, although Ron might be the most efficient traveler. He’d know the best routes to go.
4. You and Julie Klausner are in Difficult People. Who’s the least difficult person you’ve ever met? My best friend since college, Robin Lord Taylor, who plays the Penguin on Gotham. We’re kind of opposites. People love him, and I’m always standing behind him, rolling my eyes at everything.
5. What’s the first R-rated movie you ever saw?
Flashdance. I loved it — I bought the soundtrack and was obsessed with “What a Feeling.” I memorized the whole album. It was probably also the first vinyl album I owned. I went all in! I think it informed a lot of my work — and maybe my sexual preference.
6. You were in the Angry Birds movie. So we gotta ask, what’s your favorite kind of bird?
I’m partial to an ostrich or flamingo. I like something with size. I don’t like a small bird. I like a big, clunky, stupid bird.
7. You were in Neighbors 2. Best Greek-life movie: Animal House, Revenge of the Nerds, or PCU?
Revenge of the Nerds — and Revenge of the Nerds 2: Nerds in Paradise. I watched both of those hundreds of times as a kid, like a crazy person. There’s a comic sense that really appeals to you as a 10 year old.
8. Is there a TV couple you’ve been shipping?
Marcia Clark and Chris Darden from the O.J. show. I was obsessed with that! It was my favorite show of the year.
9. You get a lot of cardio on Billy on the Street. Who’s the better runner: Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible or Tom Hanks in Forrest Gump?
In terms of sheer speed, probably Tom Cruise. But in terms of heart and charm, I’d go with Tom Hanks.
10. Better movie: Cool Runnings or Run Lola Run?
Cool Runnings, for sure. And honestly, it’s a movie we need right now.
11. What’s your favorite holiday movie?
I’m a real sucker for the whole season — I was one of those Jewish kids who was always wishing he could celebrate Christmas. I love Scrooged, with Bill Murray. I watched it religiously as a kid.
12. What are the best and worst Thanksgiving sides?
I’m not a big string beans person. I don’t really need that — I’m pretty healthy the rest of the time, so I don’t feel the need to eat a healthy vegetable on Thanksgiving. But I love stuffing!
13. Winter is coming. Mittens or gloves?
“I’m a grown man, I’m partial to a glove. But you know, if mittens are your thing, go for it! I won’t judge you for that. One of the few things I won’t judge you for.”