Every week, the cast and crew of FXX’s sharp, raunchy, cult comedy, You’re the Worst, is taking EW behind the scenes. For each episode, one member is recapping, sharing thoughts on what went down, and walking us through the ins-and-outs of the show. This week, Chris Geere brings us into the eigth episode of season three, “Genetically Inferior Beta Males.”
It really is ‘cucking’ hell out there!
As my mother always said, you can’t make an omelette without breaking some eggs…or was it the builder that said that immediately prior to the complete mess he made of my house?
In this episode, Gretchen seems determined to answer her own problems by forcefully solving the problems of others…oops.
- If Lindsay is not completely satisfied with Paul’s attendance and running commentary on her “cucking” activities, then she must speak her concerns to him. Nope.
- Edgar’s “Dr. Weed” video needs a wider audience? Why not hire a video guy to sabotage his every intention and highlight the antithesis of Edgar’s message? Nope.
- If Jimmy doesn’t stop playing his “virtual zoo” game and get out and explore the world, then he can’t really call himself a writer. Bad move.
- Edgar being completely misrepresented by everything he stands for.
- Lindsay texting her desire to get an “abobo” rather than change her ways…or “three ways.”
- Jimmy discovering that his father’s death and subsequent apparent closure evokes the question as to whether he needs to be a writer any more….in fact who he is at all anymore?!
- Sometimes the best intentions don’t always prove to be beneficial to the situation.
- At least Gretchen finally wants to talk about her past…as long as we don’t mention the present.
You’re the Worst airs Wednesdays at 10 p.m. on FXX.