You thought you were finished with “Bad Chad” when he finally left The Bachelorette? Well, you were wrong. Chad Johnson was on Jimmy Kimmel Live! Monday night, still cackling and using his eyebrows to the best of his advantage. He also made a handful of surprising confessions. Here are the five of them we wouldn’t want you to miss.
1. He’s hooked up with a former contestant’s ex. Just before his appearance on Kimmel, Chad shared some smoochy-smoochy pics with Robby’s ex-girlfriend Hope Higginbotham and referred to him as “someone who lies, cheats, and ends a four-year long relationship in order to pursue fame on a TV show.” Ouch! When Kimmel asked about the status of that relationship, Chad was evasive: “We were traveling and we just happened to see each other and things went from there,” he said. “It started off as were friends, we were just kind of making jokes about it, but we… I don’t know. I don’t want to make any judgements or say where it’s going to go.”
While traveling this weekend, our paths crossed and I finally had the opportunity to meet Hope Higginbotham in person. Let me just say, she is even more beautiful in person! A great girl like her deserves so much better than someone who lies, cheats, and ends a four year long relationship in order to pursue fame on a tv show. You're amazing, I miss you already 😍 @hopealverta . . . . . #TheBachelorette #TheBachelor #TheChadelor #Bachelornation #bachelormonday #bachelormondays #realitytv #realityshow#realitytvstar #realitytvshows #realityshows #realitytvstars #bravotv #mtv #abc #joelle #realitystar #realitystars #tvshow #follow #followme #love #datingshow
2. His bromance with Daniel lives on. “We actually message every day,” Chad said. “Sometimes his messages make sense, sometimes they don’t.”
3. He knows he’s not going to be the next Bachelor. “I was possibly portrayed as a little too crazy to be that person,” he admitted. But he’s not too crazy to be appearing on the next season of Bachelor in Paradise, so there’s that.
4. He claims he didn’t start watching himself on the show until recently. “I actually didn’t watch any of the episodes until about a week ago, and then I started to kind of realize when I watched the last one, like, ‘Oh! That’s why people are saying the things online that they’re saying,’ and it makes a little sense now.”
5. Chad’s reaction to the guys’ celebration of his demise was exactly what you’d expect. When Alex returned to the house following Chad’s dismissal by JoJo, the gents cheered, shoved cake in Alex’s face, and called him “America’s hero.” “It’s pretty hilarious,” Chad said. “I mean, I get it, like, you took me out. Good job. You sabotaged me, bro.”
Watch the full, two-part interview below.