Tyler Hoechlin is set to play Superman on season 2 of Supergirl, The CW announced Thursday. Although this will be his first time jumping into the red, blue, and yellow suit, the actor is no stranger to mentoring young people who’ve had new powers thrust upon them. He did it for four seasons as sometimes-alpha Derek Hale on Teen Wolf. And he did it with slightly more resistance as mustachioed baseball player McReynolds in this year’s well-received Richard Linklater film, Everybody Wants Some!! But don’t take our word for it: read on for GIFs that prove he’s prepared to play the Man of Steel this fall.
1. He’s definitely got that Superman/Clark Kent look.
2. He’s a natural born leader.
3. He’s super athletic.
4. He’s basically carved from steel.
5. He can convincingly communicate a tortured past.
6. But he also smiles like the handsome guy next door.
7. He can take a loss and get back up again.
8. He’s always down to help.
9. Plus, he’s real-life pals with Blake Jenner, who is married to Supergirl herself, Melissa Benoist.
10. And we’ll just let this workout speak for itself.