Entertainment Weekly

Subscribe

Stay Connected

Subscribe

Advertise With Us

Learn More

Skip to content

Article

Kanye West says he'll tour in September

‘My tour game is strong. My tour game is unprecedented,’ he tells Steve Harvey

Posted on

George Pimentel/WireImage

Kanye West shared a major detail Tuesday concerning a possible tour in support of his recent album The Life of Pablo. The 38-year-old musician appeared on Steve Harvey’s radio show and told the host, “We’re going to go out in September, I believe, and we’re just working on some ideas right now.”

Added West: “My tour game is strong. My tour game is unprecedented. … I’m trying to literally inspire these kids the way Disney inspired me when I first saw the original Star Wars.” (Disney bought Lucasfilm in 2012, well after Star Wars debuted in 1977.) Should a fall tour materialize, it’ll be West’s first since 2013’s Yeezus Tour.

“There are serious talks of a tour,” an industry source told EW in February. “Of course there’s demand. He definitely sells tickets.” At the time, another source commented that the dates would be revealed “soon.” West’s only concert since Pablo‘s February release occurred last month in Manila, where he performed songs off the album. His only announced upcoming concert is a headlining spot for one of the days of New York’s Governors Ball music festival in June.

In January, West mocked Harvey’s Miss Universe pageant gaffe in a lyric on “Facts,” rhyming “Do anybody feel bad for Bill Cosby? Did he forget the names just like Steve Harvey?”

West also addressed his Twitter argument with Wiz Khalifa and ongoing feud with Taylor Swift in his interview with Harvey. Hear the full conversation below.

Comments