Will Gardner’s (Josh Charles) shocking death on The Good Wife broke more hearts than Alicia Florrick’s (Julianna Margulies). Now, over a year later, that pain might come back to life for fans when the CBS drama’s series finale airs Sunday at 9 p.m. Amid rampant speculation that Charles appears in the final episode, showrunner Michelle King passed up a chance to shut down the chatter during the Tribeca Film Festival in April. “I’ve heard that rumor,” she told Entertainment Weekly editor Henry Goldblatt at the show’s farewell talk. As Will loyalists brace for his potential return — and inevitably ponder what might happen between him and Alicia — read on for unforgettable times his looks and charisma dominated the show.
1. When he let passion take over in the elevator
2. When he hadn’t a care in the world beyond Alicia
3. When he gave Alicia nirvana — and then some
4. When his smile lit up the room
5. When he let his hands do the talking
6. When his smirk was infectious
7. When his eyes took you for a trip
8. When he wasn’t afraid of a little surprise
WANT MORE EW? Subscribe now to keep up with the latest in movies, television, and music.