The Witcher 3, the open-world role-playing threequel developed by CD Projekt Red was named Game of the Year at the 16th annual GDC Awards. The title, released last May, also won the Best Technology award at the ceremony, held in San Francisco on March 16.
The most awarded game of the night was Sam Barlow’s mobile and PC game Her Story, which won the Innovation, Best Narrative, and Best Handheld/Mobile awards. Other winners of the night included Ori and the Blind Forest, Rocket League, and more.
Individuals awarded during the ceremony include Minecraft creator Markus “Notch” Persson’s Pioneer Award and Bethesda’s Todd Howard taking home the Lifetime Achievement Award.
Check out the full list of awards winners below. The Game Developers Conference continues through March 18 in San Francisco, and has included among its reveals the announcement of PlayStation VR’s price and release window.
- Best Debut: Moon Studios (Ori and the Blind Forest)
- Best Audio: Crypt of the NecroDancer
- Innovation Award: Her Story
- Best Technology: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Best Visual Art: Ori and the Blind Forest
- Best Narrative: Her Story
- Best Design: Rocket League
- Best Handheld/Mobile Game: Her Story
- Audience Award: Life is Strange
- Game of the Year: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Pioneer Award: Markus “Notch” Persson
- Ambassador Award: Tracy Fullerton
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Todd Howard