Everett Collection
Jonathon Dornbush
January 28, 2016 AT 01:54 PM EST

Arnold Schwarznegger may not be back soon as the Terminator, but the actor recently suggested that he’s close to returning to the big screen as Conan the Barbarian. According to TheArnoldFans.com, Schwarzenegger told fans at a special Q&A in the U.K. that there is a “serious drive” to make Conan the Conqueror. He also revealed some idea of what the plot will entail.

“I’m sitting on the throne for years and years — decades, and then all of the sudden, the time comes when they want to overthrow me,” Schwarzenegger reportedly said.

Schwarzenegger, 68, also wanted to assuage fans’ concerns that the actor’s age might not allow him to embody the character in the same way he did when he last played Conan over 30 years ago. “I did all the physical stuff [of my last few movies] and it didn’t wipe me out and I have plenty of energy and feel really terrific,” he said. “So I am absolutely convinced that I can do the Conan movie and do the horseback riding, the sword fights, and all the fighting.”

Producer Frederick Malmberg also offered his own update on the project, saying he and fellow producer Chris Morgan are currently searching for a director for the film.

Last year, Morgan said that the film would be reminiscent of Clint Eastwood’s Unforgiven and that it would be “a logical extension of the character established in the ’82 film … but 30 years later.” Schwarzenegger also told EW last year that the script he had read for the project, then known as Legend of Conan, was “unbelievably well written.”

Read Schwarzenegger’s full remarks on TheArnoldFans.com.

You May Like

Comments

EDIT POST