When season 2 of The 100 wrapped in March, it seemed as if the war between the Grounders and the Sky People might be over. But in an extended look at the new season, that’s far from true. As Bellamy (Bob Morley) says in the trailer above, they’ve been at war since the original 100 landed on the ground — and that’s not going to change anytime soon.
The new trailer shows that everyone is suffering from the fallout of their season 2 decisions: Clarke (Eliza Taylor) is still living away from her people, Raven (Lindsey Morgan) is “broken,” and Jasper (Devon Bostick) shaved his head. Here’s what else we learned:
- Clarke pulls a knife on Lexa (Alycia Debnam-Carey), and there is some serious sexual tension going on between them.
- A.L.I.E. (Erica Cerra) — the artificial intelligence Theolonius (Isaiah Washington) found on his quest for the City of Lights — can apparently leave the house; she takes him back to Camp Jaha. With her fondness for nuclear weapons, this cannot be a good sign.
- New adult grounder Pike, played by Michael Beach, is a really terrible human. His best/worst line: “This land is ours now. Resist and you will be greeted by death.”
- Lexa stumbles upon a field full of bodies. (Maybe this is Pike’s doing?)
- There are jeeps and boats now — which has me questioning where they’re getting viable gas and/or diesel.
- Abby (Paige Turco) and Kane (Henry Ian Cusick) kiss.
- Octavia (Marie Avgeropoulos) and Lincoln (Ricky Whittle) kiss.
- Clarke and Bellamy hug.
- And Clarke has a … really nice time with an unseen person. Let the shipper battles begin.
- Oh, and Clarke dyes her hair red. That’s our girl: Always ready for battle, but always has time for cool hairdos.
- And last but not least Octavia and Bellamy appear to be at odds. We see him fighting with Lincoln, which is probably just sparring, but then we see his sister beating the s— out of him and saying, “You’re dead to me.”
As much as this trailer showed us, it only added more questions for what’s to come (like where is the Ice Queen?).
May we meet again … for the answers when The 100 returns Jan. 21 on The CW.