Private investigator Sam Spade, hooky expert Ferris Bueller, and troubled writer Jack Torrance are a few of the memorable movie characters headed back to theaters for the 2016 season of the TCM Big Screen Classics series.
Presented by Fathom Events and Turner Classic Movies, the lineup includes The Maltese Falcon (which celebrates its 75th anniversary next year), Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, and The Shining, as well as The Ten Commandments, the original Planet of the Apes, and Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
In all, the series will bring a dozen films to more than 500 theaters nationwide, with screenings on one Sunday and one Wednesday each month, at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. local time. Each show will feature a prepared introduction from TCM hosts Robert Osborne or Ben Mankiewicz.
Tickets can be purchased on the Fathom website. Here’s the full slate:
- Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Jan. 17 and 20
- The Maltese Falcon, Feb. 21 and 24
- The Ten Commandments, March 20 and 23
- On the Waterfront, April 24 and 27
- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, May 15 and 18
- Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, June 26 and 29
- Planet of the Apes, July 24 and 27
- The King and I, Aug. 28 and 31
- Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb, Sept. 18 and 21
- The Shining, Oct. 23 and 26
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Nov. 27 and 30
- From Here to Eternity, Dec. 11 and 14