- Scott Eastwood (The Longest Ride) is teaming up with Taken director Pierre Morel for his next movie. The son of Hollywood legend Clint Eastwood will lead Overdrive, about two car-stealing brothers who head to France for greener pastures. Morel is producing the project helmed by Antonio Negret (Transit) and penned by Michael Brandt and Derek Haas. [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Michael J. Fox next role? A robotic dog. He’s going to lend his voice to the titular A.R.C.H.I.E. in the live-action and CG film. Fox joins Katharine Isabelle (Ginger Snaps) Robin Dunne‘s movie. Fox’s Archie is a benevolent, high-tuned robotic canine created by genius Brooke Benton (Isabelle). [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Sadie found its title star in Analeigh Tipton. The thriller from Craig Goodwill traces a writer who’s convinced to accompany her former amour (Jakob Cedergren) and another woman, Charlotte, at a private house in Italy. But Sadie finds that his intentions are actually devious. Filming is set to begin in Italy in November. [Deadline]
- Karen Gillan (Doctor Who, Guardians of the Galaxy) heads to The Circle and an impressive cast buoyed by Tom Hanks, Emma Watson, and John Boyega. James Ponsoldt (The Spectacular Now) directs the movie based on Dave Eggers‘ book that’s set inside a Google-like company called The Circle. Gillan will play Annie, a sweet and smart member of the omniscient tech brand. [Deadline]
- Isabel Lucas (Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen) and Luke Ford (Deadline Gallipoli) were tapped for SFV1, a sci-fi thriller. Set in a future with galactic colonies, roamer Sy (Kellan Lutz) works with Kane (Daniel MacPherson) to save the latter’s daughter, Indi (Teegan Croft). Lucas will play someone named Gyp, while Ford takes on the role of Bill. Shane Abbess‘ movie is currently shooting in Sydney and the Australian outback. [Deadline]
- Sam Neill was enlisted for golfing biopic Tommy’s Honor. Starring Peter Mullan as golf legend Tom Morris and Jack Lowden as his son, Tommy, the movie — directed by Jason Connery — details the strife the Morrises endured despite being successful on the link in 19th century Scotland. Neill plays the head of St. Andrews golf course Alexander Boothby. Shooting is underway in Scotland off Pamela Marin and Kevin Cook‘s script, adapted from Cook’s 2007 award-winning novel. [Variety]
- Turn star Angus Macfadyen is the newest adventurer in The Lost City of Z. James Grey wrote the screenplay off David Grann‘s book and directs the project set around James Murray (Macfadyen) and his early 1900s expedition in South America, and his eventual conflict with Percy Fawcett (Charlie Hunnam). With Sienna Miller, Robert Pattinson, and Tom Holland also on board, the movie is slated to bow in 2016. [Deadline]
WANT MORE EW? Subscribe now to keep up with the latest in movies, television and music.