With the release of Magic Mike XXL just a few days away, Channing Tatum is pretty much everywhere. He pranked fans at a Magic Mike XXL screening, he appeared on a gay pride float with his cast members, and he even graced the cover of EW. And now, he’s baring all on the cover of People (although this time, he’s wearing a shirt). We rounded up the 5 biggest things we learned from the 2012 People Sexiest Man Alive:
1. When Magic Mike XXL wrapped, Tatum set up a free-for-all buffet for the cast:
After months of dieting to maintain all those flawless torsos, Tatum and his costars dug into Domino’s pizza, Cheetos, beer, and SweeTarts. “I had so much that night I made myself sick,” Tatum said.
2. He ascribes all of his success to a series of lucky breaks:
Tatum kicked off his career by dancing in Ricky Martin’s “She Bangs” video and landing a Pepsi commercial, success that he attributes to being in the right place at the right time. “I’ve had way more luck than most people deserve,” he said. “I’m just the luckiest guy.”
3. He wants to step behind the camera:
“I’m always going to be an actor for hire,” he said. “But the next step is a very slow learning process of directing.”
4. His wife and his daughter are the two most important people in his life:
He said he judges every potential work project by thinking about his wife of six years, Jenna Dewan-Tatum, and their 2-year-old daughter, Everly, asking himself: “Is this worth taking time away from them?”
5. He’s not ashamed of his stripper past, but he’s still dreading the day his daughter asks him about Magic Mike:
“She’s gonna see it; there’s no way I could shelter her from it,” he said. “I’m setting aside money for college and therapy.”
For more, check out this week’s issue of People, which hits newsstands Friday.