Entertainment Weekly

Stay Connected

Subscribe

Advertise With Us

Learn More

Oscars 2017
Everything you need to knowDon't Miss It

Article

Kenan Thompson calls Bill Cosby a 'monster' in stand-up set

Posted on

Eugene Gologursky/Getty Images

Back in October, comedian Hannibal Buress called Bill Cosby a “rapist” in a Philadelphia stand-up set. His bit went viral, and since then, multiple women have come forward claiming Cosby drugged and/or sexually assaulted them in the past. And Monday, another comedian made a jab at Cosby in a stand-up set: Kenan Thompson.

The Saturday Night Live cast member performed at the University Pittsburgh Monday, where student newspaper The Pitt News said he called Cosby a “monster. “Thompson talked about social issues in addition to his marijuana use,” The Pitt News‘ Andrew Fishman wrote, “including Bill Cosby’s transformation from one of Thompson’s comedy inspirations into what he called a ‘monster’ after a series of sexual assault allegations emerged against him.”

Thompson went on to do his Cosby impression, which he’s performed several times on SNL, bringing it back most recently for the show’s 40th anniversary show in February. In the bit, Thompson-as-Cosby starts rattling off his recipe for a cocktail (according to some of the allegations against him, Cosby pressured women to drink a possibly drugged beverage) before Will Ferrell as Alex Trebek cuts him off: “I’m very sorry, we filmed that in June.” Watch the bit below; Thompson comes in at the 8-minute mark.

Comments